Saturday, March 12, 2011

Busy week

This week, my sister was home for spring break, so she and I hung out a lot. It included a whole lot of Rock Band (we sang, drummed, played guitar, and shopped for new clothes for our rockers. All fun.), giggling at various things on the internet, a rather unfortunate shopping trip (bad moods, physical pain, and frustration all around) though it ended up being successful for both M and J.

Yesterday I networked some more, talking to a woman named Nathalie, where the h is not silent :). She's going to get me in touch with the people running a new initiative in town working on tutoring and projects in science and math for local school age kids. Plus, there's even a specific project for supporting girls in math! I'm excited.

I signed up for the first exam for the Chartered Financial Analyst certification. Very exciting, a little scary.

Yesterday afternoon I had gum surgery, which went so much better than expected. The sedation drugs worked (yay for not waking up in pain in the middle) and didn't make me nauseous! Plus, I don't look like a chipmunk, though it hurts to really move my bottom lip. Soft foods and tiny tiny bites of food for the next 6 weeks. The pain medication is doing it's job though - not hurting too bad as long as I don't do something stupid, like try to smile :p.

I've also been encouraged by several people to blog about my gluten-free experience. The good brands and the bad brands, the recipes I've made into good ones, suggestions for baking, etc. Maybe I will, now that I have time and energy to be baking and cooking again. Yay!

My unrealistic wish for the week - Taste of Thai starting a mail order business, maybe even just for me. Cook food, freeze it, and ship it on dry ice. The post office is only a block from their restaurant ;).

No comments: