This morning I did mindful yoga, since I'm really feeling quite crummy... headache, sore throat, all those fun things. Ella joined me - laying down next to my mat and grooming herself while I stretched. I did discover that I far prefer yoga with the "home" position being the corpse pose rather than downward dog. Downward dog is just so hard to hold!
Last night I lost sleep and had a stressful dream because of a hastily attempted sarcastic email, and I was worried that I'd seemed rude instead of teasing. Even teasing can be inadvertently hurtful. I tried to resolve it this morning. I marvel at how much it hurts me to know that I've possibly hurt a friend, and I'm just anxious about it until I've made amends. I'm not trying to sound better than I am - it really tears me up inside, even when I try to tell myself that it's not a big deal and I can apologize. :p
I've been thinking a lot about my Ithaca friends this week. Maybe it's because we've had such pretty weather here, and I remember how grey February could be, how eager I was for spring to come and it was still 2 months away. Maybe it's because most of my Columbia friends have been pretty busy this week. Probably a combination of all of those.
Tomorrow I have one more interview, and then Juliet comes home for Ayyam-i-Ha weekend. Service projects, good food, a party, and Rock Band playing are in store. My Rock Band came yesterday! I'm so excited. Yay for tax refund money.
Tuesday was a lovely, slow day. I took my time getting started in the morning, including a visit to the gym. Then, after lunch, I headed to Starbucks to drink something yummy while sitting in the sun reading a book. After attempted tutoring, B had cooked catfish, lavender-colored mashed potatoes (when you make mashed potatoes with purple and new potatoes, or mages potatoes according to the iPhone), and broccoli salad, which we ate outside on the patio in the sunshine. So delicious and so pretty. Class was simple and easy, and I had such a feeling of victory and excitement when I was driving home, I could hardly contain it.
Last night I got "Eye of the Tiger" stuck in my head from Rock Band and just danced around the house looking like an idiot and enjoying it.
No comments:
Post a Comment