Tonight, I stepped outside to take a look at the stars and take out the recycling. As I stepped outside into the humid, cool (65 degree) air, I was all of a sudden hit with this memory of happiness associated to night times like this. I can't quite place what the memory was, it was just a happy memory. Cool experience. Maybe it was of night time walks with friends or sitting around the fire pit at Marisa and Ian's, roasting marshmallows and talking about mostly ridiculous things :).
Today, I did a lot of Ayyam-i-Ha preparations, as well as getting the kitchen cleansed of all the granite dust that came when our new counters were installed Thursday. Plus, I'm still recovering from this not-so-fun stomach flu bug. It's not terrible, but I've just felt ill for the past couple of days.
Tomorrow, I'll finish my Ayyam-i-Ha gifts, make chocolate macaron cookies, and possibly fudge to take on Sunday to our family Ayyam-i-Ha celebration. Yay!
This afternoon, I sat out in the 80 degree and sunny weather we had, and just loved the feeling of summer. Then, I went to Starbucks, where I got my typical frappucino and sat outside and studied for class. Right now I'm trying to understand the most about the relationship between inflation, interest rates, and the market. It's been a fun little project, to glean as many insights about the topic as possible. I have discovered that the USC law library is an excellent place to study - they have windows, it's a much nicer library than the main USC library, and it's quiet because people are actually studying! Plus, I can pick a big table or a little cubicle. More studying will be happening there in the future. Hopefully the law students won't notice.
No comments:
Post a Comment