Wednesday, July 01, 2009

oh boy...

today, it seemed like nothing was going right. my students aren't learning, despite all my time and effort and energy put into their education, i'm still exhausted after a few good nights of sleep, my math is either completely over my head or so easy I can't stand it, yet I can't seem to understand the stuff completely over my head. I've lost all enthusiasm and feeling hopeless about getting my exam done, and feeling like part of it is because I'm a girl (this is not plain and simple, there is a many faceted reason, all coming down to the fact that I'm a female and many things work differently.) plus all my food keeps ending up on the floor... last night's pot roast, last night's salad, tonight's taco shells, etc.
i thought a lot about decomposition groups, thought a little about power series of finite fields (they don't seem to be all that interesting, but they are different in that I need to require separability of extensions of the residue fields for things to make sense and be true). I miss the people who are gone right now, and my sister misses me, which is hard.
i'm excited about the cake I'm making for my birthday, and so glad I only have to teach one more day this week! Then I can do some math, maybe pick strawberries, and have lots and lots of sleep and fun!!!!!!!

No comments: