Monday, April 04, 2011

Random thought

I am excessively capable and educated for the job that I'm doing right now, but I DON'T CARE! In fact, I'm happy about it for a little while at least. Tonight my dad was asking me questions about a test for normality of the distribution of sample data. He wanted help interpreting a biostat paper from the 60s and one from the 80s, which involved a whole lot of probability theory which 1) I didn't know, 2) I didn't care about, and 3) it made me angry to try to think about it. I just had this feeling of "Please let me get far away." I know I could understand it if I tried hard enough, but I had absolutely no desire to. I was happy to go and retrieve the articles using my still available Cornell resources, email to them, and never think about it again!
Today, I was reconciling accounts on Quicken. The frustrating part was that the reconciliation didn't have to make sense, and I had to CREATE a paper trail. Yep. I had to take things that were digital and just print off screens so that someone would have a paper record of doing it. Except that I did it. Oh well. It's going to have to take some time for them to let me make my own system of doing things. I keep trying to create things for myself to do. It's only day 4. It will get more fun. I do enjoy the people I work with though, which is very good.

No comments: