Monday, February 07, 2011

Amelia

Today, my childhood cat Amelia died. She had been horribly sick all weekend, and so we took her to the vet to be put down. I stayed for the sedation part, but then left. The vet said that often cats will howl and scramble during the sedation, but Amelia just laid down and closed her eyes, with Mom and I petting her. She was ready to be done being sick. It's been hard to see her being sick, so I'm glad it's done, but it was still a really hard decision to make.

Yesterday, my parents and I took a walk by the river, to enjoy the sunshine and warmer weather - a whole 60 degrees. We saw a blue heron as well as 3 large, dark-colored water birds that we don't quite know what they are. We saw a ton of dogs, from still fluffy puppies to much older adult dogs, all very cute.

Now it's time for ballet, which I hope will go well, very different from last week where everything I did hurt, and I left in so much pain I was crying after only 15 minutes. Hopefully, this week I can dance my heart out.

Tomorrow - job interview and class.
Wednesday - Informational interview (and another one next Monday).

No comments: