These days I'm trying out new roles.
Mature decision-maker = no fun in the short term but probably best in the long term.
Financial planner = interesting career path... maybe I could use almost all of my skills, instead of just a couple. Who'd a thunk it.
Personal organizer = I lose track of time because I'm having so much fun creating a system and putting things in folders.
Cat policewoman and caretaker = The family cat and my cat don't get along, in that my cat wants to play and the family cat is a cranky, 16 year old cat that just wants to nap in peace. I often spend 20 minutes on the floor trying to coax one or the other into doing what I want. Yeah, there's a reason that "herding cats" is such a hilarious idea. It doesn't work....
Gym buff= spending over an hour at the gym every day. Well, except this week, due to more physical pain (traveling, moving, etc.) and fatigue and possibly dealing with cold #2 or 3. I'm a firm believer in Airborne now. Despite being exposed to at least 3 different colds, I have never been flat on my back sick!!!! A random cough here, an occasional sore throat or headache there, but nothing that stops me living life. I only cut my gym workouts short since I start feeling dizzy or nauseous or the room starts moving around - classic sign that it's time to stop. Airborne + gym = (mostly) healthy Corinne!
Beyond all that, I'm still learning what this fibro does to me... I went to see Harry Potter yesterday afternoon with the fairy godmother/queen and her princess B :), and it was great. I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. But, the theater was quite loud, and the movie was intense the whole time. I have now learned that sitting in one chair, with loud music and tensed muscles due to an exciting movie = extreme pain all over for the rest of the day. No fun. I haven't had the random stinging/burning sensation and a jaw so sore I can't even imagine eating dinner in a long time. I had to spend several hours curled up in a ball with heat on various parts of me and an extra medicine to make it to bedtime (9 pm). Fortunately today I just have my usual soreness.
Last night I dreamt that I went to Disney World (and the main attraction to me was getting candy) and I was planning on adopting a child. I had to decide which one I wanted, and apparently which child I picked also determined where in the country I would live. Odd, though I think I see what it's getting at.
No comments:
Post a Comment