Wednesday, April 11, 2007

she speaks again

I finally have my voice back! I still sound like a man or a teenage boy sometimes. Gotta love that cracking voice. Today is day 3 of being able to speak, and it definitely makes life easier. The schoolwork was not easy at all. Yesterday was a very long day trying to catch up. Word to the wise, don't get really sick in grad school. It's just not a good idea. I had a professor suggest taking an incomplete for the semester yesterday, over one problem set. I thought that was a little extreme. But that's all taken care of. Yesterday only finished with Divine Assistance. I finally feel like I have some control over my life again. The homework situation is under control, I got to do laundry, and my apartment is back to normal. I definitely think that's a good sign of the healing process. While I was sick, the apartment became quite chaotic and a mess, and I hated living in it but didn't have the energy to fix it. But now, it's good. Plus my sister arrives in 4 hours! That's part of what inspired me to clean everything. I can't have my little sister coming to a messy apartment ;). I can't wait to show her everything, and show her off :). She'll have a true Ithaca experience, at least in terms of weather, since we're supposed to have rain, sleet, snow, sunshine, and clouds, along with a 25 degree fluctuation in temperature, all in 4 1/2 days. If that doesn't sum up Ithaca, I don't know what does ;). I guess this is what spring is. On the verge of freezing so you never know what precipitation is coming. The crocuses are out! Well, they were. But then it snowed and most of them died. But apparently that means spring is coming :). It is a funny time of year. The other day I was at the bus stop and I noticed these white things floating in the air. At first I thought of those dandelion fuzzy seeds, but didn't see any in sight. Then I realized it was snow. I forgot about snow like this. Just floating in the air, never seeming to land. It's pretty.
My time of seclusion and the doing of nothing gave me a lot of time to think and read. Reflections may or may not come soon. But, for all you out there, Vienna Teng is wonderful. I listened to her most of last week, and I thoroughly enjoy her music. You should look into it.

2 comments:

Amgad said...

Yay for listening to Vienna Teng.
Booyah!

Amgad said...

"she speaks again"

it sounds... literary and deep. Reminds me of The Prophet.