I must say, I'm a big fan of spring break. Although we've only been in classes for 2 months, I'm ready for a week off. Especially after this week of problem sets. As of 4:30 pm today though, I'm done for a week :). And the Fast is almost over. It was nothing like I expected it to be. I haven't really accomplished either of my two goals, but I did make progress. We had beautiful spring weather yesterday and the day before. I was outside without a coat on! It was amazing :). But then today, we had rain turned into freezing rain turned into snow and cold temperatures. And now snow this weekend is messing up my plans! Boo. Hopefully Sunday the roads will be clear enough and I can make it to my favorite bit of Maine (well the only bit of Maine I've ever seen) to spend the week break with B. Although I enjoyed the winter and the snow, I'm ready for the snow to be gone and there to be a bit of sunshine and warmer temperatures. It's nice that the birds are back, and I even saw flowers starting to bloom this morning! They're getting a nasty surprise over the next 36 hours though.
Tonight was a lovely evening. One of the Baha'i couples hosted a dinner for people to break their day of fasting together plus see one of the couples who recently moved away. It was a very fun evening of good food and good company. Lots of laughter and thought-provoking conversations, reminiscing about favorite TV shows as a kid and talking about spiritual centers. A good diversity, all around very pleasant, uplifting, and heart-warming :). And now, I'm enjoying the leftover GF flourless chocolate cake from the chocolate party on Tuesday before some well-deserved sleep to prepare for a relaxing and fun day tomorrow! I love this part of being a student :). The relief of things being done and not having anything due for a week and a half. Amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment