...you never need to carry more than you need to hold. And while you're out there getting where you getting to, I hope you know somebody loves you and wants the same things too... this is my wish."
So my parents rock. My parents mailed me this CD because they wanted me to have this song from them. It's been a favorite to listen to this week, remembering all the people back at home that love me :). It's a nice feeling.
Last night, I attended Cornell's Interfaith Dinner entitled, "I Believe In... Dinner!" Yes, I do enjoy the title. It was a fascinating evening, full of conversation with Muslims, Orthodox Jews, Catholics, Methodists, Mormons, Reformed Jews, and more maybe at other tables. I think the thing that I came away with most is gratitude for the explanations of Abdu'l-Baha. It makes it so much easier to describe things like the Trinity, the station of the Messengers of God to God and to each other, and the idea of the soul and prayer and our purpose here on Earth. When I arrived home afterwards, I was thoroughly exhausted from trying to speak loud enough for the person to hear me (the set up of the room was not ideal), constantly thinking, understanding, etc., and just an overall large gathering experience. It was amazing, they had to turn people away because there wasn't enough room! Pretty cool. Then I sat down in my prayer corner to say prayers, and I felt an overwhelming joy that I got to pray. I didn't need anyone else, I didn't have to think of words to say, and I didn't have to wait for a certain day of the week. I can pray any time that I want to, and God will help me. It was such a wonderful feeling.
Today I had my first evening all to myself in a very long time. Not that that is a bad thing, I have enjoyed spending so much time with different people, but life had also gotten to be sort of a mess. So, tonight I cleaned up the mess. I finally got to do laundry, a thoroughly enjoyable experience as usual, cook food, clean the apartment, etc. And I had the oddest moment. I was in my bedroom making the bed with clean sheets, and I looked up and said, "My goodness, this makes too much blue in the room!" Yes, this is a startling thing for a Corinne to say, as I love the color blue. I remember back in 4th grade painting a picture, a vase of flowers, and I showed my teacher so proudly, and she said to me, "There's too much blue! Add more color." And thus the picture was ruined, because I was desperately trying to add more color for the teacher, but didn't know or care which colors I added or where. My love for blue began early (as did my love for math, even earlier). So, I was quite surprised when I realized there was just too much blue, too many different shades. I do love my apartment's mix of blues, greens, reds, and then the brown already there in the floors and wood stuff.
This week holds many wonderful things. A roadtrip to see one of my math girls, and then the DC Congress where old and new friends will gather and just be Baha'is together! Learn about our Faith, pray, sing, and enjoy the amazing program developed for us. And I get to register people :). By far the coolest thing ever. I get to organize things and I get to see all the people arriving and be a smiling happy person :). I cannot wait.
Whenever I go on a trip, I think about all the homes I've had & I remember how little has changed about what comforts me.
No comments:
Post a Comment