Saturday, September 16, 2006

The week's end

The end of the week went surprisingly well, given the circumstances. Despite getting the cold that's going around the graduate students, I was able to teach on Thursday, being able to answer questions in a helpful way without giving the answers. Either that, or my students were just amused by me and smiling because they thought I was silly instead of actually understanding. We'll see. I got to take the night off after that since no analysis homework had been posted, but lo and behold it was posted Friday morning. And good news! Clock tower pumpkin ice cream is offically in rotation at the Dairy Bar, which means I will just have to go frequently for my $2 of lots of delicious ice cream, so that I make sure to get some pumpkin as soon as I can. After most of the day without much of a voice, the evening ended with a delicious potluck dinner and a fabulous concert by David Hunt. My IKEA wok was the savoir of my stir fry, which I had attempted to make before for more than two people. But now, I can cook for 6-8 with no problem at all. I think my new favorite dish to cook is lemon dill chicken veggie stir fry. Zucchini, 3 colors of bell peppers, carrots, chicken, and dill, fresh lemon and lime. Delicious.
The concert was very nice, I laughed, I cried, I jumped, and thoroughly enjoyed the music. I'm now the proud owner of his newest CD, Live at Erica's, which I'm very excited about listening to. It can be my first CD of fall. Today's going to be warm again, all the way up to 76 degrees, which means the Farmer's Market for fresh apple cider, walking in the gorge, and then some homework doing. I decided this morning during prayers that I am going to be joyfully challenged by homework, instead of desperate and helpless in the face of the challenge. It's going to make all the difference, for after all, "Joy gives us wings! In times of joy our strength is more vital, our intellect keener, and our understanding less clouded. We seem better able to cope with the world, and to find our sphere of usefulness." Thus is my goal for next week. And next week has an exciting day for myself and another lovely lady, for it is my 2 year gluten free anniversary (woo hoo!) and her 22nd birthday :). So, this weekend shall be preparation for such events, I'm quite excited!

No comments: