Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's winter!

It snowed this week, every day. There's a nice thin blanket of snow on everything except the roads (the best kind of snow). Plus, I already have icicles on my roof :).

Today, when I came out of the grocery store, I noticed that I had a dead bird frozen to my trunk. This bird had been dead for so long, I decided it was a bird from its feet. Who has a dead animal frozen to their trunk? This was bizarre. The trusty ice scraper came in handy (I think I scratched the paint on the trunk but I don't care) and I went straight to the car wash.

My downstairs neighbor made me brownies with soy flour and they were delicious! I really like knowing my neighbor.

Chocolate mint lava cakes will be made soon, and they will be delicious too. I've grown tired of so many of my typical favorite foods, that I just need to liven up my cooking.

I really enjoy reading Eat, Pray, Love while at the gym. It's a great combination of activities.

Malcolm (my kitten) has discovered how to open doors that aren't latched. Even the door where I have a door stop holding it closed. It's amusing but terrible for the peacefulness and togetherness of my prayer room. Tonight, I amused him by putting his favorite toy in an empty tissue box and watched while he tried to figure out how to get it out. It was hilarious for me and probably very frustrating for him. He gave up eventually.

I get to go home in just 5 days. In the next three weeks, I think I will be in Ithaca for the same amount of time I will not be in Ithaca. And I cannot wait for the drive to SC! I need to be on the road.

No comments: