Monday, May 14, 2007

A new Columbia

This evening, I arrived at my new home for the next few months :). I've settled in a bit, tomorrow I'll explore my neighborhood a bit, find the necessities and frivolities, etc. I'm slowly getting connected back to the world, I'm learning more about parenting teenagers in the day of internet and cell phones. My high school years just saw the beginning of such things, very different from those currently in high school. Basically, I have email but that's about it at the moment.
My new home definitely has character :). It's not the best place I've lived, nor the worst. I'm very excited about it though, making it just a little bit mine while still respecting that this is a room in another family's home. The family is wonderful, and it's fun to be back in a family atmosphere. I can't wait until Friday when I see my own family too :).

No comments: