Well, tonight I almost finished packing, and tomorrow morning I head back north. Today it was almost 80 degrees here; tomorrow I will end up at a place where it's close to freezing with snow and ice the next day being the highlights of the drive. It's been a wonderful visit here in Columbia, I have loved seeing everyone. It was almost like I was back, just being to able to hang out and watch movies and Gilmore Girls and walk to Moe's and just talk.
I just want to say that I absolutely loved The Holiday. In fact, I saw it three times, twice were free (high school friends with power are lovely). The movie had new meaning each time I saw it. I liked the reality in it, but also still the fantasy. And that's really all I'm going to say. Go see it. Then we can talk. I think I have filled my movie quota over the break. I have watched so much television and so many movies, I'm ready to head back and get to work. I'm a little nervous about driving on the ice, but I know that I will do okay. Slow and steady wins the race. I will be the turtle.
"Whatever makes you feel froggy." My new favorite Moriah line. It was very nice to see her, even though it was brief. I feel like my time in Columbia flew by. Some favorite moments to remember, in no specific order...
Time with Mellen and dinner with Prof K
Bashir wearing my sunglasses while investigating my car
China exploding all over the living room
Banana splits, Mayan Chocolate ice cream, and Gilmore Girls
Moe's and girl time
Charleston!
The Holiday
Giggles with the mom and sis
0 mod 4 song
All of the restaurant excursions (lots and lots of good food)
Marble Slab
New music and remembering old music
Skee ball!
Walking around Five points and campus with coffee or ice cream
Enjoying the far too warm weather for Dec/January
Catching up with so many friends from all over :)
"You turned me into somebody loved."
No comments:
Post a Comment