Over Thanksgiving, I didn't see my mom or dad or brother or sister, but I felt surrounded by family. Between friends from back home and Baha'i aunts and uncles and sisters and nieces, I felt so loved and got many hugs, it was absolutely wonderful.
"when any souls grow to be true believers, they will attain a spiritual relationship with one another, and show forth a tenderness which is not of this world. They will, all of them, become elated from a draught of divine love, and that union of theirs, that connection, will also abide forever."
I love this quote... it explains so well why I feel such a connection to some of these people, even though I only see them a few times a year, or every few years. It's the same connection with the people that I served with in Haifa, or anyone I have had the chance to serve with. During those times of intense spiritual growth, those bonds were formed with the people I was with, so I now have family across the globe. Even though I didn't have any turkey and I didn't go to my parents house, it was a lovely Thanksgiving filled with gratitude, joy, music, family, and prayer, and for that I am truly grateful :).
No comments:
Post a Comment