I'm sick of this rain. I'm living in South Carolina, I just put up with horribly hot summer, I'm not supposed to have to deal with rain too. That was Ithaca. Although this is certainly SC rain - it's fine outside, and then all of a sudden it's pouring. Pouring so hard, we can't see the house across the street at my parents' house. It did give us a chance to meet us new neighbors, and turns out we have mutual friends and the woman knows my mom. How funny. The world outside the Faith is small too. That's Columbia for you.
Work is going well - I rocked when the wealth psychologist came to visit. Consultation skills and being the chair of a meeting skills are apparently unusual when you're in your 20s. I had the guy saying "Where did they find you?" to which I responded "Actually, I found them."
My new place is taking shape. I'm still hunting for a couch. I still have a million boxes, due to the fact that I'm studying every mentally awake hour that I possibly can.
I have a fabulous and beautiful new jewelry box, thanks to B and Jer. I love it - it makes me feel like a grown-up. I should have more beautiful things.
I'm getting color in my apartment like nobody's business. Pink, yellow, brown, navy blue, cornflower blue, red, rust red, white, black, purple, a very little green, more blue, and a turquoise shower curtain. I love it. I'm trying to offset the brown carpet and the yellow-y beige walls.
Now to continue my mid-week day off!
No comments:
Post a Comment