Friday, March 25, 2011

Cornell Spring Break

In honor of Cornell's spring break this week, I had fun with K, who came to visit! We took care of things I had to do, ate really really good food, frolicked about Charleston, saw dolphins twice, soaked up the sun at the beach while it was snowing in Ithaca, and relaxed with tv shows, a movie, games, and some Rock Band.
My stitches are out from surgery - thank goodness. Now, just being careful about how I eat and brush, etc. for about 4 more weeks and this whole thing is behind me. Apparently it looks just beautiful and the pain was worthwhile. I'm going back in two weeks for more "Atta girl"s and "it looks great" from my periodontist (his words).
I start work on Monday! I will be a team member at Core Advisors in Chapin, SC. I'm starting out at about 16 hours a week, and we'll see how I do from there. I'm super excited, both to have a schedule and also to have this opportunity to get experience.
Next week, I begin "Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits" in the CFP program, and continue studying Ethics for the CFA course of study.
In a few weeks, I'll head back to Ithaca! Yay! Then, a couple weeks after that, I head to Georgia for J's graduation, followed by pilgrimage!!!!!

No comments: