Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lessons learned from little boys

Thursday night, I learned some valuable life lessons from three brothers, age 3, 5, and 7:

- Soon, there will be an elevator to space.

- 'Rocket ship' are the best words to yell while bouncing on the bed and climbing on top of laundry baskets.

- It's more fun to hide under the bed than to brush your teeth.

- It's always better to be snuggled against someone when being read a story in bed.

- If gravity pulled one sideways direction as well as down, we wouldn't need gas to make our cars run - they'd just fall down the street. The only problem is going home, you'd either need an airplane car or to go all the way around the world.

-If the clouds were made of marshmallows, then it would rain hot chocolate.


Yesterday, I had a great interview. It started out as an informational interview from a local financial planner, who turned out to be more of a financial analyst, and ended up offering me an internship! I was so happy, I jumped for joy in the parking garage and lost a shoe. Fortunately no one was watching. I also realized, when I got home, that our bedroom hallway is almost as long as the diagonal in a ballet studio, so I could dance out my happiness.
Today, I'll be making peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips, because ever since I realized the amazingness of Nutty Buddy Franklin at the Cornell Dairy Bar, I've been fixated on chocolate and peanut butter in desserts. Soon, I also want to make a chocolate meringue pie.
This weekend I also need to keep working on making my Ayyam-i-Ha gifts. It's just a few weeks away! Plus, since it's going to be oh-so-beautiful outside, there will probably be a walk down at the riverfront again. I love South Carolina in February.
60 degrees > 10 degrees, in all ways.

No comments: