After some time for rest and doing my mindfulness meditation time, I went to hang out with Beeya and swim in a salt-water pool, while soaking up some sun! I love having sister time whenever we want it! We went to Chipotle followed by Target for some meandering.
Tonight, my parents and I had pulled pork sandwiches for dinner, slow-cooked in good old Sticky Fingers Carolina barbeque sauce (yes, it's the yellow BBQ sauce, mmmm....).
Right now I'm reading Traveling with Pomegranates and really enjoying it. It's by Sue Monk Kidd (author of The Secret Life of Bees) and her daughter Ann Kidd Taylor. THe mother daughter relationship reminds me a lot of my mom and I. I'm only 50 pages into it, and sadly have to return the book to my mom's friend tomorrow, but I'll get it back in a couple days. (After their book club meets at my mom's friend's house, where she leads the discussion.)
Last night, I discovered gluten-free peanut butter and chocolate swirl gluten-free cheesecake at the local natural foods store! It was quite tasty :). Although it's kind of dangerous having all these new, yummy gluten-free foods to eat. Good thing I'm finding a gym!
No comments:
Post a Comment