Monday, April 05, 2010

A personal health day

Today, I took a personal health day. Having not gone to sleep until after midnight, and waking up many times due to my cold, I slept until almost 11 am this morning, since I turned off my alarm. After deciding not to go back to the Health Center to see a doctor again, I realized that the rest of the week would be worthless unless I took today to recuperate from the last week and all the traveling of the weekend.
After breakfast around lunch time, I headed out to take a walk outside, as the sun was finally out. It was a beautiful day, and I found a new trail that ran across what I think becomes the Cascadilla Creek. The walk was wonderful, the sounds of the wind were incredible, and the view of the river/creek in the sunshine and the landscape were wonderful.
Then I headed over to the SPCA to play with the cats. I spent over an hour and a half just petting and playing and getting to know the cats they have there. It was absolutely delightful, and I'm getting closer to choosing a new cat. I'm going to visit a couple more times before finally deciding!
After playing with kittens and cats, I got delicious food at Wegmans and now I'm attempting to get some work done for my teaching class. I hope tomorrow will be filled with mathematical productivity!

No comments: