I particularly enjoyed this line from the new book I'm reading. And I'm particularly enjoying lying in the sunshine, reading a book, with my new cat curled up and purring with me.
Ella is the sweetest, most cuddly cat I've ever met, and she's warming up to her new home splendidly. She came home with me from the SPCA yesterday afternoon, and she's already playing, eating (a lot!), and cuddling with me when she's not playing with me. It's delightful. She doesn't meow really at all, unless it's the middle of the night... I woke up last night thinking a child was crying, when in fact it was Ella. And it was especially startling that her meow sounds a whole lot like my name... it probably had something to do with the fact that I was half asleep and trying to figure out why a child was crying in my apartment, but still. She has incredibly soft fur, the cutest tiger stripes, and her eyes change color. She wasn't really happy with the flash of the camera, for the picture, but she has big round eyes that are sometimes brown, sometimes green, sometimes hazel, and sometimes almost orange.
I must say I'm a little scared, given my previous cat experience, but here's to hoping she doesn't go crazy on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment