So we've been having some trouble with our internet the past few days, so I haven't been able to document beach days 3-4. No more dolphins have been seen, but we've had beautiful stars, many walks on the beach, and yesterday it was finally warm enough that I could go and just sit on the beach in a tank top. I love sitting so close to the waves that I can't see anything else but sun, sky, and ocean. The sun made the water sparkle so beautifully yesterday. Then, to warm myself up (as the wind was still pretty chilly coming off the freezing cold ocean), I decided to dance. There's just something about open spaces that brings out the ballerina in me. So I danced up and down the beach. I tried to find places where other people wouldn't be watching me, so I could just dance rather than thinking about performing. But of course the good weather and it being Christmas Day brought lots of people out, so I had to give that up. Still, it was fun to go back and look at my foot prints and see the places where I was on releve or landing from a jump, etc. And it felt so good. It just made me plain happy. Leaping into the air just gave me such a sense of freedom and grace, I can't let it go.
The whole family's together again -- my brother arrived yesterday evening. We'll have 3 more days here together, and then it'll be time to head back home. I'm going to take advantage of every moment to just look at the ocean, be by the ocean, and fill myself up for another year ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment