Monday, February 26, 2007

Never mind

This morning, I thought I was going home today. Apparently I was confused ;). Philadelphia had far too much weather and far too many planes for one small airport, so it wasn't really going to work for me to get home. So a very nice man at the airport switched my ticket to early tomorrow morning. I got a bonus day at home. And a bonus day it indeed was. I got to have ice cream with my mom while sitting on the front steps in the sunshine, then lay down on my front yard for an hour and just soak up the sun. It was a beautiful, beautiful Ayyam-i-Ha gift. It was warm, but not so warm that it was uncomfortable to sit in the sun. My cat decided to join me, though layed down behind me so I blocked the intense sunlight as I did a little bit of math.
And after time in the sun, I came inside to conquer A4, the alternating subgroup on four letters. And conquer it I did. I now understand even permutations and the truncated tetrahedron and maybe a little about covering spaces. Such a wonderful thing!!! And hopefully tomorrow I will make it back to Ithaca so that I can turn in evidence of my new knowledge and not fall farther behind :).

No comments: