It's Saturday morning, a Saturday morning that I very much looked forward to. After a lovely night last night, I got sleep. My bed is stable, I'm used to my room and the noises, and I was tired enough that I slept. This is a big step towards this place feeling like home, and I'm so glad. Reflecting on the "homesickness" idea that I mentioned last night, I realize I'm not really homesick, because I already feel like my home is here. I miss lots of people, but that's a typical thing in Corinne's life. It'll be exciting to see different people as I have the chances to over the next semester. I'm highly looking forward to my first trip to Green Acre for 2 reasons :), to USC's fall break since my favorite pair of roommates will be visiting however briefly, plus who knows what else will develop before December, my first time to go home.
I had an interesting dream last night, that I'm still pondering what it means, so I will ponder through my fingers.... it's no longer out loud ;). In my dream, I was getting ready to leave to go on pilgrimage or a 3 day visit, I didn't know which, all I knew was that I was stopping in Europe for a few days before going to Haifa. I was swimming in a pool with my mother and a few Baha'i children (don't understand that one), and I was trying to decide if I was going to go or not, since I had just been to Haifa in May and it didn't seem fair to the rest of the Baha'is of the world, for me to take another spot in the cherished time in Haifa. I almost didn't want to go, which I was surprised at because it would always be wonderful to go to the Holy Land, but it had not been long enough. There wasn't the burning desire/need to be at the Shrines, so I didn't feel that I should take that spot. But somehow, I went anyway. I remember arriving at the airport to leave, still having second guesses, but leaving anyway. So, I arrived in Germany and found two friends, one former BWC youth (whose dad does actually live in Germany) and one a biophysics grad student currently living there ;). So, I talk to these two guys, who know each other and I'm surprised by that, and we end up at a Baha'i School somewhere in Germany and there's a conference going on there involving many of the South Carolina Baha'is. Hmm... I find there two of my "big sisters" from my childhood who I talk to about why I would go to Haifa and why I wouldn't. My time in Germany is supposed to be spent travel teaching, sharing my experience from my year of service in the context of my thesis, which everyone seems to have read at this Baha'i conference. My pilgrimage wasn't going to count unless I had travel taught (going around to different Baha'i communities and helping them share the Baha'i teachings with others in that community) or pioneered (move to a community specifically to help the Baha'i Faith in that area) beforehand. So I did. While talking to these two lovely women, we were going to have Red Rose tea (which by the way Alison, I can get here if you or anyone else wants more ;)). The downside was I couldn't figure out the electric kettle and the mugs, because they had very odd openings, so I kept spilling water everywhere. You had to push the spigot towards you or away from you to get hot or cold water, but I didn't know which. So I spent the rest of the time talking to these two girls from my past (but I don't actually know which ones, I just knew their general relationship to me). I never actually made it to Haifa in the dream.
So some parts are clear why they're there. Others are definitely not. The people in it make sense due to the pre-sleeping activities of reading blogs and getting pictures from people back at home. Everything else makes no sense. But now I have it documented so I can refer to it whenever I want to be confused. B, you probably agree though that this is one of my most normal dreams, huh?
Today, I well celebrate the weekend by going to the Ithaca Farmers' Market, wee hoo! I look forward to coming home with fresh fruits (for the leftover fondue) and veggies (because they're yummy). Yay for a non-rainy Saturday.
1 comment:
No stabbings makes this a fairly normal dream. I'm missing you, too. I feel some sort of distance that makes me feel icky... perhaps because I have no frame of reference for where you are and what it's like there. How are your allergies? How did you finally get your bed to stop moving? I love you, and now I have to go back to work agian.
xoxoxoBahiyyih
Post a Comment